Summer 2020 Lacrosse Clinics
Get Out of the House Lacrosse Skills Week
Player to coach ratio 9:1 Players will be divided into groups based on age and experience. With the restrictions we have to follow there will be skills work only. We will not be scrimmaging and we have limited amount of players we can take for these skills sessions. Goal keepers are welcome to sign up. If these dates or times do not work for you we also have coaches available for private lessons or group lessons.
Weekly Session Dates:
8/3 - 8/6
Open to rising 1st - 5th graders 5pm - 6:20
Open to rising 6th - 12th graders 6:30 - 7:50
Location: Stratton Local Park, 9925 Harrogate Road, Bethesda, MD 20817
Cost: $195 per weekly session
Covid-19 Policies in Effect
First and foremost, ONLY groups/teams of no more than 10 people at any time
Only training, conditioning and basic skills training are allowed at this time. i.e., Cardio workouts, workout stations, drills etc.
An entire team cannot be on a field together but in groups of 10 or less (to include all coaches) and spread out on ½ the field per group.
Players/coaches should avoid or limit contact.
no high fives
no team huddles
no arms around players
Sideline cones spaced out for each player 3 yards apart. Players should place their bags, water, etc. at the cone and return to their cone during breaks. The player should remain at their bag until they return to the field or leave.
No sharing of water/drinks.
For safety purposes parents should stay in their vehicle or in the parking lot keeping social distance. Not on the field or in the bleachers.
We recommend all coaches and players wear a mask until they enter the field of play.
Drills you can expect to see at the clinic:
****Groups are limited to 9 players per one coach
- Passing/Catching - partner passing, on the run
- Ground balls i.e. 1v1s, ground ball sprints
- Shooting drills - shot placement, faking before shooting
- Dodging (using noodles to remain socially distant)
- Defensive positioning
- What to say as a defender - how to communicate with your teammates
- 7v7 walk through/positioning on offense and defense
- Learning offensive cutting, off-ball movement
- Learning how to set picks (using noodles to remain socially distant)
- Speed & agility
- Games - power & finesse, steal the bacon, etc