Carly Stefanelli, Program Director, Coach
Carly Stefanelli started playing lacrosse in 4th grade. She attended Good Counsel High School, where she played lacrosse, field hockey and track. She played club lacrosse for Jackals in middle school and high school as well. Stefanelli graduated in 2010 and went on to attend West Virginia University. In college, she played club lacrosse at West Virginia University, where she graduated from in 2014. Following college, Stefanelli immediately began coaching lacrosse.
As of August 2017, she is our new Program Director for all current and upcoming lacrosse and field hockey programs in Maryland. She is involved with the expansion into other states along the East Coast. She manages and runs all programs including camps, clinics and leagues for lacrosse and field hockey. She is also the current Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach at Concordia Preparatory School in Towson, MD.
Previous/Current Coaching Experience
- Concordia Preparatory School Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach, Towson, MD July 2019-Present
- Quince Orchard High School Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach, Darnestown, MD November 2017-June 2019
- Quince Orchard High School JV Field Hockey Head Coach, Darnestown, MD April 2018-June 2019
- Blake High School Varsity Lacrosse Assistant Coach, Silver Spring, MD November 2014-November 2017
- Blake High School JV Lacrosse Head Coach, Silver Spring, MD November 2015-November 2016
- Rebels Lacrosse Club Team Coach April 2015-August 2015
- PlayHer Sports Summer League July 2015-August 2015
Andrea Villars, Coach
My name is Andrea Villars. I am 24 years old. I attended high school at Watkins Mill where I played Varsity Field Hockey and Varsity Lacrosse. I went on to receive my bachelor’s degree in Psychology and minor in Spanish at Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, Massachusetts (MCLA). While I was at MCLA, I also was a part of the Women’s Lacrosse team playing as a defender and was captain my junior and senior year of college. I have also coached a couple girls lacrosse teams while I was attending college in North Adams. MA. Now that I have retired as an student athlete, my goal is to be able to help the next generation of girls take on the field with more confidence and more lacrosse skills while having fun!
Mandy Maggio, Coach
Mandy graduated from JMU in 2014 where her club team won the 2013 MAWLL- DII National tournament champions. She has worked for Valic financial advisors since 2014. Her coaching background includes coaching for Next Level and Winners Lacrosse starting in 2017. She attended the International Youth Summit Lahore in November 2017 as well the East West Iniative in Amman Jordan in June 2013.
Rachel Johnson, Coach
My name is Rachel Johnson and I am 19 years old. I graduated from Gaithersburg high school in 2018. There, I played on the varsity lacrosse team all four years and was selected as a captain my senior year. I also played on the first field hockey team my junior and senior year. I am currently attending Montgomery College where I am majoring in public health. I have been coaching, in various sports including swimming, lacrosse and field hockey, for the past three years. I have a passion for the sport of lacrosse and I enjoy being able to coach the younger generation of players into becoming the best they can in every aspect of the game.
Margi Stefanelli, Coach
My name is Margi Stefanelli and I’ve been playing lacrosse for 12 years. I attend West Virginia University and play lacrosse there. I’m the newly elected treasurer for the team and I’m so excited for the season to start! Before college, I went to Our Lady of Good Counsel High School, where I played both field hockey and lacrosse. I’ve been coaching lacrosse for 3 years now and can’t wait to meet all of you!
Casey Fletcher, Coach
Casey graduated from Academy of the Holy Cross High School in 2009 where she played both field hockey and lacrosse. In field hockey Fletcher helped the Tartans reach the WCAC Championship game in each of her four years on the team…Team claimed WCAC titles in 2006 and 2008…Racked up First Team All-American field hockey honors as a senior in 2008 and second team honors as a junior in 2007…Served as a team captain during her senior season…Played in the senior all-star game. The AHC Lacrosse team advanced to the WCAC Championship twice…Chosen as a “Player to Watch” by the Gazette Newspaper in lacrosse…Named team’s Most Valuable Player following her junior season. She went on to graduate from Elizabethtown College in 2013 where she played both field hockey and lacrosse all four years. Fletcher helped the Blue Jays appear in four lacrosse MAC Championships winning the MAC in 2010, 2012, and 2013... and playing in three NCAA tournaments.
• Academy of the Holy Cross HS Varsity Field Hockey (Current)
• Bethesda-Chevy Chase HS Varsity Field Hockey (2015 - 2017)
• Wootton HS Varsity Lacrosse (2017 - Present)
• Rebels Lacrosse Club 2024 Team, Youth Development: 3rd/4th & 5th/6th Grade Teams (2016 - Present)
• KOA Field Hockey Clinics (2016 - Present)
• Wootton HS Junior Varsity Lacrosse (2014 - 2016)
Casey also works at multiple field hockey, lacrosse and basketball camps in the summer
Karen Mata, Coach
Karen Mata has been playing field hockey since middle school. She graduated from Walter Johnson High school in 2012, where she played on the field hockey team. Karen then went on to play field hockey at Stevenson University from 2012-14. During her time at Stevenson, Karen was a part of the NFHCA Division III National Academic Squad. She then transferred to the University of Maryland, College Park to pursue a degree in biochemistry and joined the club field hockey team. During the fall 2015 season, Karen coached junior varsity at Walter Johnson and coached U14 and U16 club for Koa Sports. Karen is now the head coach of the Walter Johnson field hockey program.
Holly Stofa, Field Hockey Coach
Coach Stofa started playing field hockey in middle school and played at Pocomoke High School winning a MD 1A State Championship, the second of 19 total in field hockey for the small Eastern Shore school. She played at and graduated from Salisbury University during which the team had an NCAA Division III Final Four appearance. Coach Stofa returned to coach at her alma mater Pocomoke for two years under coaching legend Susan Pusey during which the team won another championship following an undefeated and unscored upon season. Coach Stofa obtained a master's degree from George Mason University, played with the Washington Field Hockey Association, and held multiple coaching positions before taking time off from coaching to build her career and family. She returned to coaching in 2019.
Coach Stofa's greatest passion is developing and inspiring others in all sectors of life. She has a particular affinity for developing today's student-athletes to be tomorrow's leaders in business and in life. She is certified as a Mental Performance Mastery (MPM) coach and is currently in training to become an International Coach Federation (ICF) certified Life/Executive Coach, specializing in authenticity, mindset, and transitions.
Coaching Experience- Montgomery Blair High School, Silver Spring, MD, Varsity Asst. Coach, 2019-present
- USFHA Level I Certification, 2018
- The Winsor School, Boston, MA, Varsity Assistant Coach, 2002-2005
- James Madison High School, Vienna, VA, Varsity Head Coach, 1995-2001
- Liberty District Coach of the Year, 2001
- Northern Region Coach of the Year Runner-up, 2001
- Regional Semi-Finals in 2000-2001; furthest in school history at that time
- Fairfax County Female Coach of the Year Nominee, 2000
- Pocomoke High School, Pocomoke City, MD, Varsity Asst. Coach, 1993-1994
- Goalie coach 1993 defense coach 1994; team recorded 17 shutouts
- MD State Class 1A Champions
- Camp Director, Greater Vienna Field Hockey Camp, Vienna, VA, 1997-1999, 2001
- USFHA Futures Program Assistant Coach, 1994-1998 in Maryland and Virginia
- USFHA Festival Coach, 1997-1998