Kristine Manning-Pennington, Co-Founder
- B.A. Villanova University
4 year Division 1 Women's Lacrosse
-M.A The Catholic University of America
- George Mason University- Assistant Lacrosse Coach
- Lynchburg College- Head Lacrosse Coach
- The Catholic University of America- Head Lacrosse Coach, Assistant Field Hockey Coach, Associate Athletic Director, Interim Director of Athletics
- Trinity University, DC- Director of Athletics, Head Lacrosse Coach
Sarah Franey, Co-Founder
- (240) 601-7529
- (240) 601-7529
Sarah Franey - Since 1994 Sarah Franey has coached JV and Varsity Field Hockey and Lacrosse. Starting as an assistant while in college at McDonogh School, coaching JV and Assistant to Varsity field hockey, basketball and lacrosse. After graduating from Towson University in '98 she moved to Montgomery County and started coaching at Paint Branch (Field Hockey) and the brand new Blake High School (Lacrosse). With only freshman and sophmores playing in the Varsity league she compiled a 3-9 record. With no clinics or leagues to send her teams she and her childhood neighbor (the Head coach at Catholic University) decided to start one. And PlayHer Sports was born.
The following year Franey moved to coach JV field hockey and varsity lacrosse at Walter Johnson.
During Franey's four years, the Wildcats compiled a 42-15 record along with the program's first and only appearance in the 4A/3A West Region championship in 2002. Walter Johnson lost that game, 9-8, to powerhouse Whitman. The Wildcats also saw two records broken that year.
Walter Johnson won a school-record 13 games and senior standout Lisa Furst (University of Delaware) scored 90 goals to lift her career total to 257, the most by a Wildcat.
In 2004 Franey moved to Baltimore to attend graduate school and became a school counselor. Now after many years working in the school systems and at a private school in Crownsville she is working PlayHer full time. In hopes we can continue to meet the needs of girl athletes through out the country. Expansion into other states is starting in 2017 and we hope to be in as many states as possible by 2022. She lives in Odenton with her son Liam.
Carly Stefanelli, Program Director, Coach
Carly Stefanelli started playing lacrosse in 4th grade. She attended Good Counsel High School, where she played lacrosse, field hockey and track. She played club lacrosse for Jackals in middle school and high school as well. Stefanelli graduated in 2010 and went on to attend West Virginia University. In college, she played club lacrosse at West Virginia University, where she graduated from in 2014. Following college, Stefanelli immediately began coaching lacrosse.
As of August 2017, she is our new Program Director for all current and upcoming lacrosse and field hockey programs in Maryland. She is involved with the expansion into other states along the East Coast. She manages and runs all programs including camps, clinics and leagues for lacrosse and field hockey. She is also the current Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach at Concordia Preparatory School in Towson, MD.
Previous/Current Coaching Experience
- Concordia Preparatory School Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach, Towson, MD July 2019-Present
- Quince Orchard High School Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach, Darnestown, MD November 2017-June 2019
- Quince Orchard High School JV Field Hockey Head Coach, Darnestown, MD April 2018-June 2019
- Blake High School Varsity Lacrosse Assistant Coach, Silver Spring, MD November 2014-November 2017
- Blake High School JV Lacrosse Head Coach, Silver Spring, MD November 2015-November 2016
- Rebels Lacrosse Club Team Coach April 2015-August 2015
- PlayHer Sports Summer League July 2015-August 2015